The Strategy and Environment departments provides long-term planning for all Council services, activities and facilities, taking into account community needs, financial requirements and sustainability. Its major functions include:
- Preparation of Local Environmental Plans and Development Control Plans
- Town centre planning and design
- Traffic and transport planning
- Infrastructure planning
- Property acquisition
- Long-term financial planning
- Community consultation
- Sport and recreation planning
- Natural area and catchment planning
- Community and cultural planning
- Council’s Delivery Program and Operational Plan and Annual Report
Director Strategy and Environment: Andrew Watson
Andrew has qualifications in town planning, local government management and dispute resolution. He joined Ku-ring-gai Council from the Department of Planning, where he worked as Regional Director in South and Western Sydney and the Central Coast.
Andrew brings extensive experience in planning to Council, having worked in the private sector and in local and state government in three states.